The numbers don't lie. And the numbers don't just say "profit" -- the numbers say GROWTH!
Power play; The opportunity to make a bundle in alternative energy is near
Thomas Kostigen, June 19, 2007 (Market Watch from Dow Jones)
Professional money mangers, average investors
Alternative energy funds are presently doing better than the market. As more become available, the money mangers will offer them to the average investor. They represent good investments now and will for the foreseeable future.
future so bright (click to enlarge)
The opportunity is “nearly” ripe: “Sophisticated investors saw this coming, still see it coming and have plunked down enormous amount of money for companies that can provide energy solutions. This venture-capital and private-equity money is doing the same thing that it did just before the Internet revolution began…they got in cheap…and sold off shares for huge gains…this same trend is happening in alternative energy. Who knows what the ultimate future of the early clean-tech ventures will be, but their initial potential is huge…”
- World energy demand, spurred by developing nations like China and India, is growing and will not stop. This author estimates 50% demand growth in the next quarter century. With “traditional” energy supply completely consumed by demand, alternatives must be produced.
- Oil demand will grow from today’s 85 million barrels/day to 115 million barrels/day, a demand jump which may very well not be met by adequate supply – necessitating alternatives.
- The new alternative energy investments will go from private equity to money mangers to average investors. Private equity is already investing. When the money managers start buying, there will be a cash out and the opportunities will be delivered to the average investors.
with demand rising and drawbacks to most other types of supply, virtually the only obstacle to New Energy growth is the human capacity to produce it (click to enlarge)
- Money Management Executive, a newsletter for Wall Street insiders: "Alternative Energy Funds Delivering Strong Returns."
- New Energy Finance: “Investments in the clean-tech industry have almost tripled over the past two years to more than $70 billion”
- Kostigen: “The smart money, those with lots of capital to invest, have made their bets and they will pay off; the house will make sure of it…But there will be room for other winners. Just follow the green…”