NewEnergyNews: ORIGINAL REPORTING: Your Utility Wants An App For You

NewEnergyNews

Gleanings from the web and the world, condensed for convenience, illustrated for enlightenment, arranged for impact...

While the OFFICE of President remains in highest regard at NewEnergyNews, this administration's position on climate change makes it impossible to regard THIS president with respect. Below is the NewEnergyNews theme song until 2020.

The challenge now: To make every day Earth Day.

YESTERDAY

  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: Is 100% renewable energy the best goal to cut power sector emissions?
  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: Have California's efforts to value distributed resources hit a roadblock?
  • THE DAY BEFORE

  • TODAY’S STUDY: The Truth About The Transmission New Energy Needs
  • QUICK NEWS, September 19: All About Climate Change In 17 Short Answers; New Energy Ready To Step Up; How Old Energy Attacks Solar
  • THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE

  • TODAY’S STUDY: The Private Sector Gets Into The New Energy Biz
  • QUICK NEWS, September 18: The Key Climate Change Unknown; Beer Brewer Anheuser-Busch In Big Wind Buy; Montana Grew Solar 400% In 2016
  • THE DAY BEFORE THAT

  • Weekend Video: A Bill Maher Debate About The Climate
  • Weekend Video: Sweet Winds
  • Weekend Video: This Is Not Natural
  • AND THE DAY BEFORE THAT

  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-The Chocolate-Climate Change Connection
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-The New Energy Future Is Within Reach
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-The World Is Turning Off Nuclear Power
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-European Ocean Wind’s ‘Apollo Moon Landing’
  • THE LAST DAY UP HERE

    THINGS-TO-THINK-ABOUT THURSDAY, September 14:

  • TTTA Thursday-Think Like A Planet
  • TTTA Thursday-Illinois Moves To Join Community Solar Boom
  • TTTA Thursday-Grid Rules Need To Boost Battery Storage’s Stacked Values
  • TTTA Thursday-New Energy Delivering Big In Midwest Economy
  • --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Founding Editor Herman K. Trabish

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    click image for more info about the Sunstock Solar Festival

    Research Associate and Contributing Editor Jessica R. Wunder

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Some details about NewEnergyNews and the man behind the curtain: Herman K. Trabish, Agua Dulce, CA., Doctor with my hands, Writer with my head, Student of New Energy and Human Experience with my heart

    email: herman@NewEnergyNews.net

    -------------------

    -------------------

      A tip of the NewEnergyNews cap to Phillip Garcia for crucial assistance in the design implementation of this site. Thanks, Phillip.

    -------------------

    Pay a visit to the HARRY BOYKOFF page at Basketball Reference, sponsored by NewEnergyNews and Oil In Their Blood.

  • ---------------
  • THINGS-TO-THINK-ABOUT THURSDAY, September 21:

  • $20 MIL To Climate Fight From DiCaprio Fund
  • Solar Energy Price Drop At Full Speed
  • Wind Art Turns Climate Change Fighter
  • When Self-Driving EVs Will Take Over

    Wednesday, August 24, 2016

    ORIGINAL REPORTING: Your Utility Wants An App For You

    What do utility customers want? There's an app for that; Potential savings attract customers to utility-designed apps designed for demand response, energy efficiency

    Herman K. Trabish, November 9, 2015 (Utility Dive)

    Utilities across the United States are starting to get the news: You want to reach your customers? Get an app for that. Residential customers are beginning to discover that apps can help them efficiently use and manage energy consumption. Utilities and private sector vendors mine data from smart meters, smart thermostats, and connected appliances to build apps that help customers save money. At the same time, the utilities benefit from better informed and more engaged customers who help make grid operations more efficient.

    Some 97% of downloads are consumer apps, with the remaining 3% split between utility engagement and prosumer apps. The vastly more popular consumer apps are typically successful because of their “cool” factors. Prosumer apps allow customers to add power or services for the grid. Utility engagement apps are usually from private sector app vendors and provide white label software that supports utilities in connecting with their customers. The four basic purposes of the apps are to (1) allow customers to learn about efficient energy use, (2) remotely control their thermostats and heating-cooling systems, (3) contact their utility and pay their utility bills, or (4) participate in energy efficiency or behavioral programs by being notified of savings opportunities during demand response events… click here for more

    IFTTT Recipe: Share new blog posts to Facebook connects blogger to facebook

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home