NewEnergyNews: New Utility Program Rewards Self-Generation

NewEnergyNews

Gleanings from the web and the world, condensed for convenience, illustrated for enlightenment, arranged for impact...

While the OFFICE of President remains in highest regard at NewEnergyNews, this administration's position on climate change makes it impossible to regard THIS president with respect. Below is the NewEnergyNews theme song until 2020.

The challenge now: To make every day Earth Day.

YESTERDAY

THINGS-TO-THINK-ABOUT THURSDAY, August 17:

  • TTTA Thursday-Is The White House Hiding DOE’s Grid Study?
  • TTTA Thursday-Will The White House Hide The Climate Report?
  • TTTA Thursday-Crucial Transmission Line For Wind Denied
  • TTTA Thursday-Wind And Solar Are Saving Lives
  • THE DAY BEFORE

  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: Organizing California’s Distributed Energy Efforts
  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: A Deep Look At Evolving U.S. Efforts To Support Solar
  • THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE

  • TODAY’S STUDY: Big Growth In Customer-Sited Wind
  • QUICK NEWS, August 15: New Forest To Offset Bad U.S. Climate Policies Has 120,000 Pledges; Wind Becoming The Go-To Power; 88,000 Jobs And The Fight Over Solar Imports
  • THE DAY BEFORE THAT

  • TODAY’S STUDY: The Work On Tomorrow’s Grid So Far
  • QUICK NEWS, August 14: Climate Is The Elephant In The Room; Long-Term, NatGas Is Not The Answer; Why Wind Is Such A Good Choice
  • AND THE DAY BEFORE THAT

  • Weekend Video: Al Gore Talks With Bill Maher
  • Weekend Video: The U.S. Celebrates Its First National Wind Week
  • Weekend Video: Wind Is Just Beginning To Show Its Power
  • THE LAST DAY UP HERE

  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Five Countries Leading The Climate Fight
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Global Wind Spend To Soar
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Pakistan’s Global View On Solar
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Denmark Trial Proves EVs Can Support The Grid
  • --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Founding Editor Herman K. Trabish

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Research Associate and Contributing Editor Jessica R. Wunder

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Some details about NewEnergyNews and the man behind the curtain: Herman K. Trabish, Agua Dulce, CA., Doctor with my hands, Writer with my head, Student of New Energy and Human Experience with my heart

    email: herman@NewEnergyNews.net

    -------------------

    -------------------

      A tip of the NewEnergyNews cap to Phillip Garcia for crucial assistance in the design implementation of this site. Thanks, Phillip.

    -------------------

    Pay a visit to the HARRY BOYKOFF page at Basketball Reference, sponsored by NewEnergyNews and Oil In Their Blood.

  • ---------------
  • FRIDAY WORLD, August 18:

  • Is ‘Game Of Thrones’ About Climate Change?
  • Surprises In The New Global Solar Rankings
  • Denmark’s Vestas Wins Mexico’s Biggest Wind Deal
  • Supervolcanoes Could Grow Cars With Plugs

    Thursday, June 01, 2017

    New Utility Program Rewards Self-Generation

    PG&E Launches Renewable Energy Self-Generation Incentive Program

    Jeanne Roberts, 31 May 2017 (Clean Energy Authority)

    “…[Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) will] devote $240 million to helping customers buy into renewable energy technologies, renewable energy storage, and peripheral technologies…[The self-generation incentive program (SGIP) was developed by the state legislature, administered by California’s energy companies, and overseen by the watchdog California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)…[I]t will allocate 79 percent of the funds to renewable energy storage – with 13 percent of that 79 percent reserved for residential projects. The program ends in 2019…The remaining 21 percent is dedicated to wind turbines, fuel cells, and biogas internal combustion engines…[T]he program clearly underlines an overwhelming (and hopefully enduring) focus on renewable energy storage…which, experts say, strengthens] system reliability…because homeowners can act as their own utilities/generators when load is heavy…” click here for more

    IFTTT Recipe: Share new blog posts to Facebook connects blogger to facebook

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home