NewEnergyNews: More Schools Are Teaching Solar By Using Solar

NewEnergyNews

Gleanings from the web and the world, condensed for convenience, illustrated for enlightenment, arranged for impact...

While the OFFICE of President remains in highest regard at NewEnergyNews, this administration's position on climate change makes it impossible to regard THIS president with respect. Below is the NewEnergyNews theme song until 2020.

The challenge now: To make every day Earth Day.

YESTERDAY

  • Weekend Video: Earth Day 2018
  • Weekend Video: A Daily Show Take On Earth Day
  • Weekend Video: First U.S. Ocean Wind
  • THE DAY BEFORE

  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Human Population And Global Weirding
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-Global Wind Still Focused On Big Markets
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-New Energy-Powered High Seas Shipping From Japan
  • FRIDAY WORLD HEADLINE-World’s Biggest Wave Energy For Bali
  • THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE

    THINGS-TO-THINK-ABOUT THURSDAY, April 19:

  • TTTA Thursday-Study Shows A Carbon Tax Can Work
  • TTTA Thursday-Wind Power Was 6.3% Of U.S. Power In 2017
  • TTTA Thursday-Global Solar Boom To Get Bigger In 2018
  • TTTA Thursday-U.S. Cities Are Getting More Efficient
  • THE DAY BEFORE THAT

  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: Utility Pilot Projects Could Soothe Contentious Regulatory Proceedings
  • ORIGINAL REPORTING: Utility Success With Corporate Renewables Moves On Existing Load
  • THE LAST DAY UP HERE

  • TODAY’S STUDY: The Surprising Value Of Solar
  • QUICK NEWS, April 17: Kids Demand Moral Response To Climate Change; Wind Delivers Big Money To Struggling Rural Ohio; Studies Leave Doubt Of Need For Old Energy
  • --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Founding Editor Herman K. Trabish

    --------------------------

    --------------------------

    Some details about NewEnergyNews and the man behind the curtain: Herman K. Trabish, Agua Dulce, CA., Doctor with my hands, Writer with my head, Student of New Energy and Human Experience with my heart

    email: herman@NewEnergyNews.net

    -------------------

    -------------------

      A tip of the NewEnergyNews cap to Phillip Garcia for crucial assistance in the design implementation of this site. Thanks, Phillip.

    -------------------

    Pay a visit to the HARRY BOYKOFF page at Basketball Reference, sponsored by NewEnergyNews and Oil In Their Blood.

  • ---------------
  • TODAY AT NewEnergyNews, April 23:

  • TODAY’S STUDY: The Economic Impacts Of New England’s Carbon Trading Market
  • QUICK NEWS, April 23: “Letter From A Teenage Girl Who Has Had Enough”; The Many Values Of Ocean Wind; Solar For All

    Thursday, November 30, 2017

    More Schools Are Teaching Solar By Using Solar

    Solar energy use grows rapidly at K-12 schools, report says; New study says nearly 5,500 K-12 schools in the United States use solar power

    Mike Kennedy, November 29, 2017 (American School ands University)

    “Some 5,489 K-12 schools in the United States—4.4 percent of all public and private schools—use solar energy…[Brighter Future: A Study on Solar in U.S. Schools attributes the sharp rise in solar energy use to a rapid decline in the cost of installing solar systems. The average price of a solar school installation has dropped 67 percent in the last 10 years, and 19 percent in 2016 alone…The study says that nearly 4 million students attend U.S. schools that employ solar power. The combined capacity of those systems—910 megawatts—is 86 percent greater that the capacity of school solar systems in 2014…In addition to lower installation costs, schools have more financing options that minimize up-front investment in solar systems, the study found. In recent years, most schools have paid for their solar installations through power purchase agreements, in which a third party finances, builds, owns and maintains the system. This enables schools and districts to buy solar with minimal initial cost…” click here for more

    IFTTT Recipe: Share new blog posts to Facebook connects blogger to facebook

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home